OurSpace is an open source, easy-to-use tool designed to support anyone who needs to consult with large groups of young people, regardless of nationality or language boundaries.
OurSpace is an attractive tool that uses social networking and Web 2.0 features to encourage young people and members of the European and National Parliaments to share ideas and engage in debates about issues that affect their everyday life.
What can OurSpace offer you?
The OurSpace solution offers a unique insight on young people’s attitudes towards public policy, with flexible tools to gauge users’ opinions and facilitate real and meaningful interaction between them and policy makers. The OURSPACE set of tools includes:
- A Youth e-Participation Platform that is geared towards the engagement of young people in the decision making process at both local and European levels
- An Android App that offers access to OurSpace on-the-go
- A Facebook App that offers the same functionality as the OurSpace platform
- Guidance documents that assist with installation and usage of the platform
- Promotional Support - use of the OurSpace existing social and traditional media channels
- Consultancy – bespoke consultancy service (upon request) to assist usage of the OurSpace tools
The Added Value of OurSpace is that it is based on the idea that active involvement of young people in the European and National decision making processes informs policy makers to elaborate better policies. The key features of OurSpace are:
- Significant community of young people
- Transparent and multilingual discussions
- Clear feedback & moderation mechanisms
- Structured content & analytics
- Cross border debates supported by translation tools
- MEPs contribution with questions and comments
- User friendly Apps